SCS was first established as Faculty of Computing and Business Management in the year 2008. Bachelor of Information Technology program commenced in the same year. The school was renamed later as the; Faculty of Information & Communications Technology (FICT) in the year 2012. After that, in 2021, the school was renamed as the current name; School of Computer Science.
Our school takes honour in having produced skilled graduate and postgraduate professionals who are in demand at the forefront of information and emerging technologies. We are proud of our high quality staff; full time and part time, drawn from diverse disciplines and backgrounds, catering over 200 students.
In line with Villa College’s vision, the faculty aims to be a leading provider of high quality computing and technology education and a contributor to research at the national and international level.
- Facilitate the academic and vocational progression by developing knowledge, key skills and capacity for independent and lifelong learning.
- Develop the skills in imaginative problem solving and decision making.
- Develop the personal development portfolio to support career aspirations.
- Provide a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study to give a sound grasp of information technology knowledge, analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in future employment.
- Develop the imagination and innovative abilities to show initiative and creativity in the work.
- Develop intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as in the communication skills.
Program and Learning Opportunities
With demand for the information and communication technology graduates rising every month, there has never been a better time to start a career in IT. Hence, we strive to provide our students with modern and engaging teaching in the areas including:
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Honors) – Awarded by Villa College, Maldives.
• Bachelor of Science (Honors) in Computer Science – Awarded by University of West of England, United Kingdom.
• Master of Science in Information Technology – Awarded by University of West of England, United Kingdom.
BSC (Hons) Computer Science
Diploma in Computing
Master of Science in Information Technology
Bachelor of Science in Business Information Technology
Diploma in Multimedia Technology
BSc Computer Science
Bachelor of Arts in Interior Architecture and Design
Message for the potential students
Faculty of Information and Communications Technology at Villa College is the center of excellence in computing and allied disciplines. We strive to impart high quality education and research opportunities for our students in the field of computer science and information technology in order to guide your steps towards the future of your dreams and aspirations.